UPCOMING WEBINAR: Transport system investment risk
At 1pm (AEST) on 11 August 2021 iMOVE will hold another in its series of free webinars, entitled Managing transport system investment risk of changing trends and uncertainty.
The uncertainties of emerging technologies and changing trends are challenging conventional transportation decision-making for both long- and short-term planning. Transport planners, departments and agencies are all looking for ways to manage the increased investment risk.
This webinar will share key findings from recently completed research by the Planning and Transport Research Centre (PATREC) in WA through iMOVE. The project adapted key existing planning tools, guidelines and frameworks to take into account changing trends and technologies. This included patronage forecasting tools, road asset management guidelines and the transport infrastructure project assessment and prioritisation frameworks.
The Managing transport system investment risk project will of course be referenced in this webinar. Other related projects include:
- Improved network performance prediction through data-driven analytics and simulation
- A Smart Transport Technology Roadmap for Perth
- Econometrics, land use inputs, and strategic transport models
Another reason to register! The webinar will be recorded, so if you can’t make it on 11 August, or you’re called away during it, we will email all registrants a link to the recording.
Who should attend?
Transport managers and planners, infrastructure planners and decision-makers, road asset managers, transport and urban/cities researchers.
Program and speakers
- Ian Christensen, Managing Director, iMOVE: Intro
- Prof. Sharon Biermann, Director PATREC, University of Western Australia: Project overview – Enhancing patronage prediction, strategic asset management practice and appraisal processes to account for emerging trends and uncertainty. (5 minutes)
- Dr. Brett Smith, University of Western Australia: Enhanced patronage trend prediction. (10 minutes, then 5 minutes for questions)
- Mr. Tristan Reed, Curtin University: Role of journey planning applications in influencing patronage. (10 minutes, then 5 minutes for questions)
- Prof. Kerry Brown, Edith Cowan University: Adapting strategic road asset management practice to account for uncertainty relating to CAVs. (10 minutes, then 5 minutes for questions)
- Dr. Sae Chi, University of Western Australia: Adapting infrastructure project prioritisation to account for uncertainty relating to disruptive technology. (10 minutes, then 5 minutes for questions)
- Summary and close
UPDATES: August 2021 – Webinar video and final report
Watch the recording of the webinar at: VIDEO: Managing transport system investment risk webinar.
This project has now been completed, and the final report is available at: Transport investment planning, tools, and frameworks.