Bosch CAV pilot wins ITS-A / iMOVE R&D Excellence award
The iMOVE team congratulates Robert Bosch (Australia), the winner of the 2021 ITS-Australia /iMOVE Excellence in R&D Award.
Bosch won the award for its Connected and Automated Vehicle Highway Pilot Trial on Victorian Rural Roads. This initiative was recognised for its extending the demonstrated capability of automated driving systems.
The trial, with partners the Victorian Department of Transport and the Transport Accident Commission, is trialling CAV tech on Victorian country roads, where:
… you are five times as likely to be killed in a crash than metropolitan Melbourne. The trial identified key areas for system developers, road safety practitioners and road managers, assisting them in enabling Automated Driving on Victorian regional roads sooner to reduce road trauma.
Congratulations also to the Australian Government Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications, winning the Excellence in Transport Data Award for its important – and timely – work on the National Freight Data Hub.
We would like to recognise and congratulate all award winners and finalists for their efforts in pushing transport knowledge and technology forward. We may be celebrating the achievements slightly later than planned, but it is clear that there is ongoing determination and focus on delivering quality R&D outcomes. We look forward to seeing what 2022 brings!
About the Excellence in R&D Award
The Excellence in Research and Development Award recognises organisations for technologies that:
- Bring measurable efficiency, safety, and sustainability benefits to society, above those that are achievable without ITS.
- Are durable and likely to have a lasting benefit.
- Can demonstrate scope for future development and collaboration opportunities and potential to be transferred to, and adapted for use, in other parts of the world.
- Is an innovative R&D project that demonstrates new thinking or a new approach.
- Provide a clear development path to deployment and benefits realisation. Who can provide evidence-based results that will have the potential for significant positive impact on further development and deployment of transport technology solutions for Australia.
- Are focused on enhancing transport outcomes with emerging technology. May include activities at the pre-deployment stage.