UPCOMING WEBINAR: Community transport of the future
On 6 April 2022 iMOVE, co-hosting with ITS Australia, will hold its next webinar focusing on project outcomes, entitled Delivering community transport that meets the diverse needs of our growing population. It is based on our recently-completed Innovative local transport: Community transport of the future, a project for which we are soon to release the final report.
The community transport sector has many moving parts, all with a similar goal of fulfilling a need for moving people within our communities. It is a vital, well-intentioned patchwork of service provision that could benefit significantly from a more coordinated approach and innovation.
We now have technology and data available that can help us achieve this, but many organisations are struggling to work out how to proceed or find funding for projects.
This webinar is a presentation and discussion based on the findings of a recently completed ITS Australia / iMOVE multi-state study that analyses the community transport sector and identities ways in which it can work better. It will bring together perspectives from the transport industry, service providers and users to investigate pathways to more equitable and accessible transport for our communities.
Areas we will touch on include:
- How to improve accessibility of community transport
- Opportunities for better allocation of resources
- Where partnering opportunities exist for organisations
- Or, submit your own questions on the registration form
Who should attend
- Providers of community transport services
- Technology solution providers
- Local and State government representatives
- Representatives of community groups
- Stacey Ryan – Policy Manager, ITS Australia
- Peter Lee – Senior Manager, Institute for Public Policy and Governance, University of Technology Sydney
- Ben Whitehorn – CEO, Randwick Waverley Transport Community Group
- Simon Anthonisz – Chief Operating Officer, Orcoda
- Lee-Ann Breger – Programs Director, iMOVE
Webinar time, date, registration link
DATE: Wednesday 6 April 2022
1.00pm – 2.00pm (NSW/VIC/QLD time)
12.30pm – 1.30pm (SA/NT)
11.00am – 12.00pm (WA)
Watch the webinar recording
The webinar has now been held, but don’t worry if you missed it as we recorded it, and you can watch it at: VIDEO: Innovative community transport webinar